Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore my chat history from BBM app. The "Save Chat History" option was turned ON before the app got deleted...

How do I restore my chat history? The "Save Chat History" option was turned ON before the app got deleted...

Now, my contacts did come back but no history connected to them. Is there some other trick I need to do? I see that the "Save Chat History" option is off in settings now on the re-downloaded BBM. I was afraid to turn this back on as I did not want it to overwrite the old chat history. I don't know if this would even do that but I did not want to take the chance.

I restored Whatsapp and it's history came back with no problem whatsoever.

I do see there is data in my icloud backup about 55mb's under BBM but my only option is to turn it on or off. Please help. Blackberry send me a link to their pdf manual which does not address this directly so I'm still SOL.

Anyone know anything? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 12:57 PM

Try restoring from your iCloud backup.

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521

From the tiny bit of research I did(quick google search), your history is stored inside the app.

Once it is deleted, it is gone. Only your contacts are stored and recoverable from the bbm servers.

1 reply

How do I restore my chat history from BBM app. The "Save Chat History" option was turned ON before the app got deleted...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.