Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

computer won't let me add canon pro9000 printer

I have a canon pro9000 printer that has worked great. Yesterday it kept saying it was off line even with all the cords plugged in correctly so upon some internet research I decided to reset it and download the driver again to get it working. I did the download successfully but my printer still does not show up when I go to print and when I try to add it I am unable to type anything in the add printer window. It's as if the box is froze.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 12:14 PM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2014 7:13 AM in response to sigmundo

Hello sigmundo,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3147

1. Use Software Update to find and install the latest available updates. If an update is installed, see if the issue persists.
  2. Open the Print & Scan pane or Print & Fax (Snow Leopard) pane in System Preferences.
  3. Delete the affected printer, then add the printer again.

If the issue persists, try these additional steps:

1. Reset the printing system, then add the printer again.
  2. If the issue still persists, reset the printing system again. Download and install your printer's drivers. Then, add the printer again.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Jan 23, 2015 9:22 AM in response to sigmundo

Hi sigmundo

were you able to solve your problem? I also have a Canon Pro9000, use it for years. My Mac is running 10.6.8. About two months ago, suddenly I got the message "Printer is offline" when I tried to print. But the printer was connected as always and it was on and no error message. I did shut off the printer and then on again. That worked, the printe monitor dialogue said its online and started printing.

I had this problem about each time when trying to print.

Then some weeks later, even after shut off/on it still said printer is offline. After some more tries I decided to switch the USB port on the Mac. That worked and I had no problems anymore since.

Until today, suddenly again: "printer is offline". Shutting on / off again and again, switching different ports, changing USB cable, installing driver, resetting printing system, restart the Mac. Nothing helps. Printer is still offline.

I had to delete the printer from the print/fax preference list. But adding now is not possible because it does not find any printer.

Jan 23, 2015 9:52 AM in response to Thomas Huerlimann

Disconnect all devices from the computer then do the following:

Boot up from your Snow Leopard Install DVD while holding down the "c" key.

Select the language you wish to use, and then choose "Disk Utility" from the menu bar.

Your HD should appear in a panel on the left hand side of the window which opens. Select it and then click on the "repair disk" button in the right hand section of the window.

Once this process has been completed restart your computer and repair permissions directly from Disk Utility.

If Disk Utility is unable to complete the repair, you will need to use a stronger 3rd party utility like DiskWarrior, Techtool PRO (not Deluxe) or Drive Genius.

============

Contact Canon Support

User uploaded file

computer won't let me add canon pro9000 printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.