Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1 worse than 7 for 4s battery life

I took the bait on this latest update in hopes it would address some of the problems 4s users like myself have experienced. Unfortunately the low battery warning occurs much faster now. Locations services is off. Cellular Data is minimized as much as possible. I wouldn't dare use the GPS without external power. Version 7's difficult to read calendar and poor battery life were challenging. Now the challenge is bigger. This was a highly functional phone for me before v.7. I hope something can be done to help with this problem, because the community isn't exactly endorsing a phone upgrade as a reliable solution.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 12:14 PM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2014 1:34 PM in response to razmee209

Thank you for the suggestion to use the Search bar. I wouldn't have thought of that. Unfortunately, I had already made these adjustments when iOS 7 first appeared. They helped a little then, but I would gladly go back to the pre-iOS 7 days if I could. I did disable the Time Zone and Usage features, but as my default mode has been to keep Location Services off to preserve my battery (because of draw of iOS 7), I can't see that untoggling these two sub-features will make any differenence. Leaving iCloud off doesn't seem like a reasonable suggestion. What is the point of the device if one has to disable so many features in order to be able to live with it? I can't imagine that was the designer's intention.

iOS 7.1 worse than 7 for 4s battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.