Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to iOS 7.1 requires at least 610 MB of free space on your iPhone. Please change your media sync options to make more storage available. How do I do this?

How do I change media sync options on my iPhone 5?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 2:08 PM

Perform a manual sync as shown here. Choose what items are synced to your iPhone.

User uploaded file

7 replies

Jul 11, 2014 11:28 AM in response to Sydney805

When you get this message there is no alternative but to delete content from your phone, this per my conversation with Apple support a few minutes ago. In that cast try to delete only free apps or things like podcasts that can easily be restored from the original source should you desire to do so.

iTunes is a very poorly written program with an ancient interface--in 2014 it does not even support windowing. You are foolish to rely on iTunes for backing up and restoring whatever programs or data in order to upgrade the iOS. Apple's only concern with restoring and backing up data centers on DRM protrected music purchased from iTunes, nothing else and is designed to not restore media files not purchased from iTunes. Hence in my experience Apple telephone support will tell you to use third party software for transferring media from an old to a new phone when you encounter the inevitable problems. If as I do you use the phone for business software back up your data in the way that program deigns and do not rely on iTunes, particularly prior to upgrading the OS or transferring data to a new phone.

Updating to iOS 7.1 requires at least 610 MB of free space on your iPhone. Please change your media sync options to make more storage available. How do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.