Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I organize photos with apple products?

I love apple products, but when it comes to organizing photos I feel very restricted. I use iPhoto, although I find it very messy and unorganized, but lately I´ve had some issues when it comes to my photostream. I love how it easily uploads my photos on different devices, however I hate how I have to delete or edit the same photos in both photostream, cameraroll and on the computer. I mean, if I want to delete a photo, I really don´t need a copy of it in a different folder.

My main problem, however is that my old photos won´t connect to the stream. Photostream stopped working for some time, so I turned it off. After a while I turned it back on, but now none of my older pictures will connect with the stream. Isn´t there a way of getting all of my pictures on my iPhone and Macbook in the same stream? And I would especially like for my old photos to also be a part og my photostream and not just the ones taken after I turned it back on..

Any advice surrounding this would be highly appreciated!

iPhoto '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 3:12 PM

I use iPhoto, although I find it very messy and unorganized,

You need to explain since iPhoto is exactly the opposit of that - if makes being extremely organized simple and even if you do nothing it automatically does a decent jog of organizing your photos

re PhotoStream - unless you have the optional auto import set (your choice to set it or not) when you delete a photo form your PS it is gone from your Mac and from PS on every device

Re old photos - you can put them in a shared PS - as you should know PS is limited to the last 30 days or most recent 1000 photos, which ever is smaller

Advice - I believe you need to read about PS - http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/photo-stream/ - and iPhoto and take the iPhoto tutorials - http://support.apple.com/videos#iphoto - so you understand how they work - then you need to make a decision if that is what you want - if it is move forward - if not pick different software that does work the way you personally want to work

LN

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2014 3:12 PM in response to sofieron

I use iPhoto, although I find it very messy and unorganized,

You need to explain since iPhoto is exactly the opposit of that - if makes being extremely organized simple and even if you do nothing it automatically does a decent jog of organizing your photos

re PhotoStream - unless you have the optional auto import set (your choice to set it or not) when you delete a photo form your PS it is gone from your Mac and from PS on every device

Re old photos - you can put them in a shared PS - as you should know PS is limited to the last 30 days or most recent 1000 photos, which ever is smaller

Advice - I believe you need to read about PS - http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/photo-stream/ - and iPhoto and take the iPhoto tutorials - http://support.apple.com/videos#iphoto - so you understand how they work - then you need to make a decision if that is what you want - if it is move forward - if not pick different software that does work the way you personally want to work

LN

Mar 18, 2014 3:29 PM in response to sofieron

If you have problems with photo stream do the following:

Disable Photo Stream in the System/iCloud preference pane

User uploaded file

and in iPhoto's Photo Stream preference pane.

User uploaded file

Reboot and reenable both respectively. That should jump start Photo Stream.

And do follow Terence's suggestion of viewing the iPhoto tutorials to learn how it works. Also Terence has an excellent post on organizing photos with iPhoto that is a gem: Better way to organize my images?: Apple Support Communities

OT

How can I organize photos with apple products?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.