Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage 3.0.3 external audio bug

I have a Concert with a number of patches in it that are mostly the same, but with different channel strips muted/unmuted.

One of my channel strips is an external audio input (miked piano). The problem is that when I switch from patch to patch, it's as if the piano's channel strip somehow stays open and passing audio through because on my second patch, if I mute the piano's channel strip, I'm still getting the miked piano coming out of the main outputs. On my first patch, if I mute the piano's channel strip before switching patches, it doesn't seem to "carry over".

Any ideas why this might be?

MainStage, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 2:08 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2014 1:38 PM in response to kurzweilfreak

I'm experiencing the same problem. In my sets and patches I use two external synths, with different effects plugins and volume settings. Upon patch change, it seems the previous external sound inputs are not being silenced, but go all the way through the audio pipeline to the output. I can mute my external sound channel strip, but still I hear the external synth WITH the previous patches' plugins!

This is rendering MainStage unfit for what I bought it for.

Seems also that there is no ear for these problems - as I keep sending reports and don't hear or see any response.

I need this bug cleared out very very fast - as I'm on a deadline for a live play.

Mainstage 3.0.3 external audio bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.