Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with internet connection via a different link! Probably a bluetooth link or the simplest connection! Please help now! I have Mac that is connected via usb dongle that I have pushed into the mac's usb port. I want to connect iPad touch 4th ge

... I have iPad touch 4th generation that has got some apps and software that I am familier with and it is not available for Mac. I want to connect iPad touch to Mac via a simple link, so when I connect Mac to internet, I can switch on iPad touch and search and use internet from iPad touch. I have tried many other ways and have failed because I do not know how to fill the forms and/or do not understand about different computer jargon.

Please help me to establish the link from iPad touch 4th generation to Mac so I can use the internet from iPad VIA BLUETOOTH connection!

I went into settings in iPad and bluetooth and have paired connected it to Mac that is connected to internet via usb port where I have pushed usb foreign dongle. The internet is connecterd OK from Mac. The problem is that it says in the Settings Network in Mac bluetooth PAN Self-Assigned IP.

Bluetooth Status Connected

Bluetooth PAN has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet.

Device: No PAN Devices Found

Is it possible to change the bluetooth PAN's a self assigned IP address to a not self assigned IP address so there is a bluetooth link from iPad touch 4th generation to Mac that can be used to search internet from iPad touch.

I have tried many other ways to connect iPad touch to Mac, that has got usb dongle that is connected to internet.

I have even taken some plastic off the usb dongle, so I can insert the usb dongle into one port and usb wire into the neighbouring usb port in Mac and connect it to iPad touch but it is still not possible to use internet from iPad touch to Mac via that link. The usb dongle works fine and connects to internet OK from Mac.

Please help now!

iPad touch 4th generation set up

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 2:47 PM

There are no replies.

I need help with internet connection via a different link! Probably a bluetooth link or the simplest connection! Please help now! I have Mac that is connected via usb dongle that I have pushed into the mac's usb port. I want to connect iPad touch 4th ge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.