Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ARD from a Virtual Desktop?

Hi,

tested and still exists on ARD 3.7.2

I'm trying to leapfrog from one machine to another, without disturbing a user, is that possible?

I can login to another mavericks machine, and start a virtual desktop (login as "User2" with out interrupting user "User1" and view your desktop).

That machine(Mac mini) has ARD installed on it, but when I try to run the application, nothing happens... it freezes up and needs to be force quit...

If I am the primary account on the machine (Log in on the machine locally) then login via ARDI can launch the ARD application just fine (yes the "Allow control of this computer when running this application" is selected) so it is not an application failure...

I know there are otherways to skin this cat, like using a VPN or other such, but why doesn't this method work?

Thanks.

--

HazM@

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), ARD 3.7.2

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 3:24 PM

There are no replies.

ARD from a Virtual Desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.