Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does app store keep popping up?

Hi

I've had my MacBook Air for 2 months now. In the last week or so, every time I load Safari, the app store keeps popping up as a new tab to the following page - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pinterest/id429047995. This happens even when I am not on the computer as I came back to it after a quick phone call and had over 20 versions of the same tab opened.

I've run a virus check with Avast and it comes back clean, but this is exactly the type of issue that drove me mad on PC which is why I recently converted.

Can anyone suggest what else I need to do, being new to Mac I'm not sure whether there is a simple fix that I'm not aware of.

In the time it's taken me to write this post, it has now opened 6 tabs, exactly the same and it is absolutely infuriating!

any suggestions would be welcome, thanks

p.s. make that 7

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 3:07 PM

6 replies

Mar 18, 2014 4:55 PM in response to dominic23

Hi, thanks for your quick reply, I've checked, Pinterest already has this denied in that setting. I've tried selecting allow, then selecting deny again but it still does the same. I've also tried force quitting Safari and it still opens with that page. I've just timed it, it is every 52 seconds that it loads the page. Might this be something to do with the recent OSX upgrade?

Why does app store keep popping up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.