Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with 2011 Kia Forte hands free following upgrade to ios 7.1

I have had nothing but problems with the Bluetooth hands free feature in my 2011 Kia Forte ever since I upgraded to IOS7.1. I have removed and repaired the device to no avail. I have discovered the following behavior through the troubleshooting I have done so far:

If I use hands free to dial, the phone will dial but nothing is heard on either end of the call. If I switch the audio feed from the car to iPhone, both parties can then talk, but as soon as I switch it back to the car there is silence on both ends. I have determined that streaming Bluetooth audio still works in my car in spite of the hands free issues. I can switch audio back and forth during the entirety of the call and as long as audio is set to either iPhone or speaker it works, it just won't work when the car is selected.

I have checked and there is no new firmware available from Kia for my vehicle's Bluetooth.

Any thoughts?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 8:44 PM

There are no replies.

Problems with 2011 Kia Forte hands free following upgrade to ios 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.