Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and FaceTime not working

My iMessage nor my FaceTime are working on my iPod touch 5th gen. When I try to log in it says to check my network connection but that is perfectly fine. A lot of my apps have been acting up lately and have been acting extremely strange. Data within them has been lagging on updating and the iPod itself has been lagging. Safari has also been responding poorly. It doesn't type without lagging. It takes forever to load pages. It has bugs I guess because in all my other devices it works fine. It and all the rest of the apps. I don't know what to do. If someone could help me out on this. I've tried restoring it and then reloading everything back on but that didn't work. Before that I tried not only closing the apps but also turning off my iPod. I did this multiple times and none of the times did it fix my problems.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 8:54 PM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2014 2:14 AM in response to Maverick1999

For general problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

For Messages and FT

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime

iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime and iMessage activation

FaceTime, Game Center, Messages: Troubleshooting sign in issues

iMessage and FaceTime not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.