Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP PLEASE!!! I used Final Cut X's retime tool to slow a clip down t shot 24fps. When I try to compress and burn a Blu-Ray through compressor those sequences are choppy, very poor. Everything else is fine. What do i do?

Original footage was shot on Canon C100 with a Ninja recorder, editing as an Apple ProRess 422 file. I slowed down sequences with Final Cut X's retime tool. They look good in final cut and also when compressed for Vimeo, with some tweaking of settings. Trying to now burn a Blu Ray with Compressor 4.1 and those sequences are stuttering and choppy. Everything else looks as it should. What am I doing wrong?

I have tried testing the three retime quality settings and resize setting in Compressor, Fast-Better-Best.

*ONE test disc out of ten came out fine, with the sequences smooth. The others terrible. I cannot recreate the first for the life of me. What do I do?? Help me please!!

Machine is a Macbook Pro Retina. Project media saved on a G-Tech USB 3 mini drive. Latest Mavericks OS X.

Compressor, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 1:31 AM

5 replies

Mar 19, 2014 5:07 AM in response to akaluzhsy

akaluzhsy wrote:

I have tried testing the three retime quality settings and resize setting in Compressor, Fast-Better-Best.

If you did the slo mo in FCPX, you needn't use the retiming controls in Compressor.

And is Compressor even necessary for your purposes? Try Share>Blu Ray in FCPX and see what you think of the results.

Russ

Mar 19, 2014 12:02 PM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ, that helped!! Thank you so-so much!!!

Could you help with another issue I am having perhaps? The short film total size when exported to h.264 for vimeo uploading, in HD, is 2.5gb. Which looks good. I need to get it down to 2gb or under for a submission to be uploaded on the web. What is the best way to bring the size down and still maintain quality picture?

Thank you so much again, really!!

HELP PLEASE!!! I used Final Cut X's retime tool to slow a clip down t shot 24fps. When I try to compress and burn a Blu-Ray through compressor those sequences are choppy, very poor. Everything else is fine. What do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.