Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Push in Profile Manager 3.1 doesn't work

I updated our server to version 3.1. First, the Profile Manager did not start. I deleted the server app and reinstalled. Then the Profile Manager started again. All devices and groups are still present, but I can not reach the existing devices. The Push depends! But new devices i can reach.
How can I solve the problem?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Server

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 12:44 AM

5 replies

Mar 19, 2014 9:49 AM in response to cragiboy

cragiboy,

Please try this to see if it restores proper Profile Manager functionality:

sudo psql -U _devicemgr -d devicemgr_v2m0 -h /Library/Server/ProfileManager/Config/var/PostgreSQL -c "UPDATE devices SET last_update_info_time = dm_current_timestamp() + '1 month'"

Copy the above and paste it into Terminal (or remote ssh shell) on the server as an admin user. You'll almost certainly be prompted to enter your admin password.

Please let me know if this seems to fix the problem for you. (It might not be immediate, but it should show signs of working within a few minutes.)

Apr 21, 2015 12:50 PM in response to mscott_mdm

Please note, if you applied the "ALTER TABLE" workaround I mentioned in this thread, you will need to apply the workaround I posted in Server 4.1 Profile Manager Migration Failed before you can successfully upgrade to Server 4.1. I would recommend doing this before you install Server 4.1 if you haven't already.

sudo psql -U _devicemgr -d devicemgr_v2m0 -h /Library/Server/ProfileManager/Config/var/PostgreSQL -c "ALTER TABLE mdm_targets ALTER COLUMN last_update_info_time SET DEFAULT 'epoch'"

Push in Profile Manager 3.1 doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.