Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Directory (original) got created and I now want that information in the original desktop file - how do I do this?

Bad migration up from Snow on a MacPro to Maverick on a Mini so am trying to revert back to Snow on my MacBook Pro. Along the way, Maverick created a second file called Desktop (original) which I'm stuck with back in Snow on the MacBook Pro. The regular Desktop file is emply and I'd Like to repopulate it with the contents from the Desktop (original) file, then discard that file.

Also, when I got done with the mess, I've been shorted in the MacBook Pro Snow my email files for the years 2011-2014. I can locate them in Maverick but getting them out has been been tough. HOWEVER, I still have those same files on my older MacPro Snow comupter and need to know the best way to transfer them from the Old Snow Pro computer to my newer Snow BookPro computer. Hookups and additional hard disks to assist aren't a problem it's just the formatting that has to be done to keep all smooth. In other words, I think I have the hardware covered, it's just the software movements I'm concerned about. Thanks. Baronial

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 2:11 AM

There are no replies.

Directory (original) got created and I now want that information in the original desktop file - how do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.