Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic corrupted and won't restore on Windows

So I have an 80Gb iPod classic. While I was transferring some files something went wrong with the USB connection and iTunes immediately froze and so did my iPod. So I reconnected my iPod and now it won't let me transfer any files because it keeps getting stuck. Then I tried to restore and got an error that I was unable to restore. I disconnected my iPod and it seems like it restored because the next thing I knew everything has been wiped out. But when I connected it to my PC a message appears that the iPod is corrupted and a windows prompt appears telling me to format the disk. So here's what I've done.

-formatted the iPod in FAT32

-connected the iPod, no 'iPod corrupted' message appears.

-tried to restore, but received the same error message, won't restore

-when iPod disconnected it went through the same cycle (iPod restoring-then iPod corrupted-iPod needs to be formatted)

-went to Apple service center, they restored it using a mac and everything went smoothly, song were able to be transferred without a glitch.

-however will not work on PC needs to be restored again

can someone help to shed some light? is there something wrong with the hard disk? If yes, then why can it be restored through mac but not windows?

what can i do to solve this problem?

thanx

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 12:56 AM

There are no replies.

iPod classic corrupted and won't restore on Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.