Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have migrated everything from my windows PC to my new Apple Mac, except for all my Outlook information. Thunderbird recreated the information, but without an "sbd" ext

I have tried Thunderbird to migrate all my Outlook mail, contacts and address information from Windows to Mac but it didn't work. It didn't give me an 'sbd' extension even though it recreated allmy information in Thunderbird. There was no way for me to export the information from my Windows PC to my new Mac. Can anyone please help me.

Gail1401

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 5:50 AM

O2M (Outlook2Mac) is the only migration app that I have ever found that works to migrate Outlook pc mail, contact, and calendar data to a Mac. At $12.95 it's a steal.

It sounds like what you actually did was import your Outlook mail on your pc to Thunderbird on your pc.

Note 1: O2M runs on your pc. It converts your Outlook files to a format that can be transferred to a Mac. After you export your Outlook mail & contacts you still need to move (copy) them to your Mac and import them into whatever mail/contact application you are using on your Mac.

• What mail/contact application are you planning to use on your Mac?
  • Do you need assistance with copying files from your pc to your Mac?

Note 2: .sbd files are Thunderbird files. They are optional and are associated with Thunderbird mail subfolders. They have no bearing on migration from a pc to a Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2014 5:50 AM in response to Gail1401

O2M (Outlook2Mac) is the only migration app that I have ever found that works to migrate Outlook pc mail, contact, and calendar data to a Mac. At $12.95 it's a steal.

It sounds like what you actually did was import your Outlook mail on your pc to Thunderbird on your pc.

Note 1: O2M runs on your pc. It converts your Outlook files to a format that can be transferred to a Mac. After you export your Outlook mail & contacts you still need to move (copy) them to your Mac and import them into whatever mail/contact application you are using on your Mac.

• What mail/contact application are you planning to use on your Mac?
  • Do you need assistance with copying files from your pc to your Mac?

Note 2: .sbd files are Thunderbird files. They are optional and are associated with Thunderbird mail subfolders. They have no bearing on migration from a pc to a Mac.

I have migrated everything from my windows PC to my new Apple Mac, except for all my Outlook information. Thunderbird recreated the information, but without an "sbd" ext

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.