Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Calendar list view in iOS 7.1

Hi.

I have an iPhone 4, and I accepted the update yesterday to iOS 7.1.

I now seem unable to get my Calendar app to display as I want it to display, as a list of events through which I can scroll.

I can get it to display a whole month with dots under each day number that has an even in it, and if I tap the icon to the left of the magnifying glass one at the top the icon becomes a solid square orange button and I see the events of that day underneath the whole month display, but I cannot get the whole month display to go away and just have my scrollable list of events back.

Looking at various help sites online suggests that, if I do as I describe above, the icon I tapped should change to a slightly different one, and that tapping that icon should take me to a true list view. But in my case that icon doesn't change; and tapping it simply toggles it between being a solid square button-icon that shows the month view with a day's events underneath it, and being text-only icon that shows the month view without the day's events underneath it.

Can anyone please explain where I'm going wrong please? I would really like to get myself back to a true scrollable list of events.

The full version number of my iOS is 7.1 (11D169)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 3:02 AM

12 replies

Mar 27, 2014 5:18 AM in response to Steve Zodiac

Unfortunately there is no 'i' button for our gmail / google calendar so i can see the difference between my calendar and the one my wife shared with me. The icon (to change the color) only shows for birthdays and national holidays as shown on the Apple help site. I'm now using a different calendar app (Week Cal) since a few months that has that feature.

Mar 27, 2014 6:13 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

When we look at our Google calendar via a desktop we do see already two different colors for our 2 calendars (green and purple).

There is no color indication in the official Calendar app although both our calendars are visible in the app.

It seems odd that a commercial app is able to give it a certain color (although we needed to set it to a color manually but we could) but the official calendar app can't.

Lost Calendar list view in iOS 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.