Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The launch icon disappeared on my dock. How do I find it?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 4:53 AM

Do you mean the iTunes icon (this is the iTunes Store forum), or for a different app ? If the app is still in your Applications folder on your Mac then you should be able to click-and-drag it from there back onto your Mac's dock.

Do you have the Applications folder on your dock, of if not then you should have a Applications folder off the root of hard drive.

Or you can open Finder, do control-F to open the search, set Kind as Application

User uploaded file

then type in the name of the app that you want to add to the dock into the search field top right of the Finder screen, and then click-and-drag the app from the search results to the dock.

Message was edited by: King_Penguin

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2014 4:53 AM in response to eden79

Do you mean the iTunes icon (this is the iTunes Store forum), or for a different app ? If the app is still in your Applications folder on your Mac then you should be able to click-and-drag it from there back onto your Mac's dock.

Do you have the Applications folder on your dock, of if not then you should have a Applications folder off the root of hard drive.

Or you can open Finder, do control-F to open the search, set Kind as Application

User uploaded file

then type in the name of the app that you want to add to the dock into the search field top right of the Finder screen, and then click-and-drag the app from the search results to the dock.

Message was edited by: King_Penguin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.