Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have and iCloud account. can i set up a new mail account.but keeping the other one.

i have a me.com account, i WOULD LIKE TO SET UP ANOTHER NEW E MAIL ADDRESS. USING ME.COM/OR ICLOUD.COM

iMac

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 4:54 AM

You can add up to three 'email aliases' - these are additional addresses (not accounts) which deliver into the same inbox as the main account. (In fact it's a good idea to give out alias addresses, rather than the main address, because if they attract spam you can easily change them.) (New aliases can only be @icloud.com ones; @me.com addresses cannot now be created.)

You should be aware before you start that once you've created an alias you cannot turn that address into a full iCloud account or move it to another account.

More information on aliases here: http://help.apple.com/icloud/#mm6b1a490a

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2014 4:54 AM in response to spain114

You can add up to three 'email aliases' - these are additional addresses (not accounts) which deliver into the same inbox as the main account. (In fact it's a good idea to give out alias addresses, rather than the main address, because if they attract spam you can easily change them.) (New aliases can only be @icloud.com ones; @me.com addresses cannot now be created.)

You should be aware before you start that once you've created an alias you cannot turn that address into a full iCloud account or move it to another account.

More information on aliases here: http://help.apple.com/icloud/#mm6b1a490a

Mar 19, 2014 5:09 AM in response to spain114

Please don't post in caps, it makes it more difficult to read and looks like shouting.

The Scandisk will be formatted for Windows, but even so it should show up on a Mac. If it doesn't show on the Desktop when you plug it in, go to Finder Preferences>General and make sure 'External disks' is checked.

If that doesn't help, open Disk Utilities (in Applications/Utilities) and see whether it's listed in the sidebar there. If so, click it once to select it and click 'Mount' in the toolbar. You could also click the 'Erase' tab in the main section of the window. Set the 'Format' menu to 'Mac OSX Extended' unless you want it to work on Windows as well, give it a title and click 'Erase'. This will of course erase any data already on it so you want to do this only if it's a blank device.

i have and iCloud account. can i set up a new mail account.but keeping the other one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.