Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my screen on iphone 5s keep scrolling?

this started happening two days ago

whenever I'm on twitter or tumblr or basically any site and scrolling it always scrolls me back up

its very annoying

I thought maybe it was my screen protector so I took it off and it still keeps doing it

my phone is in perfectly good conditon , never dropped it or spilled anything on it.

please help

iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 5:55 AM

7 replies

Jun 2, 2015 3:35 PM in response to yjyjryjyjtyjyjty

I went to the Genius Bar today and was advised it must be a software issue (no hardware issue identified). When I got home I plugged the phone into the pc and did a factory reset as advised. I then set my phone up as a new phone. I stupidly forgot to get some info out of my 'notes' file which was a little annoying. But not half as annoying as finding out that despite setting my phone up as a completely new phone, the problem still exists! Back to the Genius Bar I will go

Jun 9, 2015 4:15 AM in response to yjyjryjyjtyjyjty

Update...

essentially apple have have recognised the issue but are unable to diagnose it. Since I've had my phone for over a year it is out of warranty and therefore they are unconcerned that my product doesn't work.

they have advised I pursue a consumer law claim with my vendor, Vodafone. A quick trip to the Vodafone store and they offered to send my phone away to customer services who may look at my case but could not promise anything. Apparently a repair would cost £150 anyway!

It would appear my options are limited to resolve, basically I own a product that doesn't work and neither the manufacturer nor vendor care. I will call apple customer service to complain and see where that gets me. If they won't help I will never buy another apple product again.

why does my screen on iphone 5s keep scrolling?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.