Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get email

I can no longer get into my email (version 6.6) account. I can open it initially, but I get "Mail can't connect to the account "..." ", & when I enter my password it rejects it and again says can't connect. Also everything in my inbox seems to have disappeared (except for 13 mysterious messages which don't show up in the "sort by date" column). I can still view old messages, in mailboxes other than my inbox, which won't display any messages.

I hope someone can help. I am not terribly computer savvy and even my husband (who IS) can't figure it out, but he doesn't use a mac. Thanks, I really appreciate any advice.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 6:41 AM

6 replies

Mar 19, 2014 7:49 AM in response to Hilary777

If webmail failed then yes, it's almost certainly the provider. That's usually a good step to check if Mail (or any other email client) fails repeatedly - if you can't get into webmail either, then the problem is not at the desktop end. Let us know how it goes with Mailgun and if you still have problems with Mail after webmail is back up and running.

best

Matt

Jul 2, 2015 2:55 PM in response to Hilary777

Since upgrade to yosemite 10.4.4 recently Mail on my iMac (only not ipad or iPhone) cannot connect to my gmail account as it has been doing. I figure it must be an error in my iMac set up, although it was the same as always. I have rebooted computer, closed and opened mail, reentered password in preferences, enabled and disable the gmail account in prefs; I even went to gmail account page and changed my passwords(then changed it changed it on my iMac). I still get the dreaded User uploaded file

I tried to post on the Apple support forum but got a message that I could post so I decided to reply to your post as I am "Pulling out my hair".

Ideas are welcome

GH

can't get email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.