Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running Final Fantasy XIV on Boot Camp

Hello everyone,

I bought the MacBook Pro 13" from late 2013, and I wanted to play on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on this occasionally. So, I installed Windows 7 thanks to Boot Camp, but when I start the game, after 5 minutes my Mac is very hot, and the ventilators are making a lot of noise, I'm so afraid that the computer crash or burn really, even if I putted the worst resolution for the game, so I leave the game very quickly.

Do I have to update anything? Maybe Boot Camp? Or something else?

Thanks in advance,

Cordially.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 9:54 AM

I think your MBP 13 is marginal for gaming video performance. It is working very hard to keep up with the games demands. There are not any upgrades for the video hardware. A 15" MBP has a discrete video card available the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M which would perform well.

Late 2013 MacBook Pro 13"

Graphics CardIntel Iris 5100
Graphics MemoryUp to 1 GB shared from main memory

FXIV: ARR Recommended System Requirements

For the best performance you should aim to run the game on a system with at least these specifications.

Operating System: Windows® 7 64 bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5

Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 660 or higher, AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 or higher

Memory: 4GB of RAM.

Disk Space: 20GB.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2014 9:54 AM in response to thieu5470

I think your MBP 13 is marginal for gaming video performance. It is working very hard to keep up with the games demands. There are not any upgrades for the video hardware. A 15" MBP has a discrete video card available the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M which would perform well.

Late 2013 MacBook Pro 13"

Graphics CardIntel Iris 5100
Graphics MemoryUp to 1 GB shared from main memory

FXIV: ARR Recommended System Requirements

For the best performance you should aim to run the game on a system with at least these specifications.

Operating System: Windows® 7 64 bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5

Graphics: NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 660 or higher, AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 or higher

Memory: 4GB of RAM.

Disk Space: 20GB.

Running Final Fantasy XIV on Boot Camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.