Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message hkey_local_machine\software\classes\itunes.aifc keeps appearing when updating.

User uploaded file

Error message hkey_local_machine\software\classes\itunes.aifc keeps appearing when updating. Then update uninstalls. I was trying to fix a missing driver error.

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 9:09 AM

1. Press WinLogoKey+R to open the Run... dialog box
  2. Type in Regedit and press enter/return
  3. Tap the plus symbol next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  4. Tap the plus symbol next to SOFTWARE
  5. Press C on the keyboard, then again or scroll down until Classes is selected
  6. Tap the plus symbol or use the right-arrow key to open the branch
  7. Press i on the keyboard, then use the Page Down key, scroll bar or arrow keys to locate iTunes.aifc

The registry editor should now look something like this: (Click to enlarge)

User uploaded file

Right-click on the iTunes.aifc key and click Permissions... to see what is going on. My current permissions for the iTunes.aifc key are shown below: Giving Administrators and/or yourself Full Control should be enough to let the installer make changes. Alternatively you could delete the key and let the iTunes installer recreate it.

User uploaded file

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2014 9:09 AM in response to CHBIS

1. Press WinLogoKey+R to open the Run... dialog box
  2. Type in Regedit and press enter/return
  3. Tap the plus symbol next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  4. Tap the plus symbol next to SOFTWARE
  5. Press C on the keyboard, then again or scroll down until Classes is selected
  6. Tap the plus symbol or use the right-arrow key to open the branch
  7. Press i on the keyboard, then use the Page Down key, scroll bar or arrow keys to locate iTunes.aifc

The registry editor should now look something like this: (Click to enlarge)

User uploaded file

Right-click on the iTunes.aifc key and click Permissions... to see what is going on. My current permissions for the iTunes.aifc key are shown below: Giving Administrators and/or yourself Full Control should be enough to let the installer make changes. Alternatively you could delete the key and let the iTunes installer recreate it.

User uploaded file

tt2

Error message hkey_local_machine\software\classes\itunes.aifc keeps appearing when updating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.