Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do the thumbnails of edited photos appear as negatives?

Within an event, when I edit a photo it shows up as a negative thumbnail. See below. Version 9.5.1. Mac OS 10.9.1.

Is there a way to prevent this?

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 8:50 AM

6 replies

Mar 19, 2014 9:02 AM in response to Howmanyds

What color mode are the photos and what color profile do they have? What sort of edits are causing this issue, any?

As a test launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

If it does'nt give this a try:

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

2 - Run Option #2, Rebuild Thumbnails. It might take more than 1 attempt to do the job.

OT

Mar 31, 2015 9:29 AM in response to Howmanyds

And yes, any edits cause this. Notice how reverting the photo fixes the issue.

One other interesting detail: despite the application showing me the photo in its proper colors when I click into the photo, whether or not the thumbnail is wrong from having been edited, if I try to print from the thumbnail view that is mistakenly negative, it will actually print this pink and white negative image rather than the true colors.

Mar 31, 2015 9:38 AM in response to Howmanyds

Try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents the following folder: User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: For Mavericks and Yosemite, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

Why do the thumbnails of edited photos appear as negatives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.