Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

halfway through downloading an album, i've got the error message 8003, and wanting me to check my connection (which is fine) any ideas?

halfway through downloading an album from the Itunes store, i've got the error message 8003. This talks about checking my connection (which is fine and always has been). It downloaded fine onto my Iphone and Ipad. I trawled through the support pages and they just suggested you needed the latest version of Itunes on my system (11.1.5) which I've got. Any ideas?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 9:13 AM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2014 9:33 AM in response to fozzy999

You've tried the troubleshooting for that error on the TS3297 page that you posted from ?

"Error -50," "-5000," "8003," "8008," or "-42023"

These alerts occur due to timeouts or conflicts trying to write a file during download.

If you encounter this issue while accessing iTunes Store:

See iTunes 9: "One Moment Please" or "Error (-50)" message when accessing iTunes Store

If you encounter this issue while while downloading something from the iTunes Store:

Delete your iTunes Downloads folder, located in:

Mac OS X:
 ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Downloads Note: "iTunes Media" may appear as "iTunes Music. Also, the tilde (~) refers to your Home directory.

halfway through downloading an album, i've got the error message 8003, and wanting me to check my connection (which is fine) any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.