Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1 -bluetooth will not connect to Mac

After Upgrading to iOS 7.1 on 2 iphones (5 and 5c), neither will now connect to either of my computers via bluetooth.

All I see is a message that Network is unavailable. I can connect the phones to a bluetooth speaker, but not to the computers.

it can see the computer and my phone is discoverable. I forgot the device and repaired. The phone cannot see the computer though I am right next to it. It says it isn't in range, and Bluetooth on the computer says

"The device does not have the necessary services"

I deleted the phone from the computer and discovered again. Then paired again. It connected for 2 seconds and then disconnected. Multiple attempts to connect cause the same 2 second connection and disconnect behavior.

Never had this problem till 7.1....

I'm on the Latest mavericks on my 2 computers.

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Mavericks (10.9), ATI RHD 2600 XT-10G RAM-2xQuadCore

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 8:47 AM

26 replies

Mar 23, 2014 5:56 PM in response to Alfred DeRose

Having the same problem here. iOS7.1 on 5c, OSX10.9.2 on MBP. Attempting to use either the Keynote App or Keynote Remote to control a presentation for a job interview. I can see the computer, the phone is discoverable, and the connection code is sent and recieved without error. I tap on the MBP in the devices list and get "Connection Unsuccessful: [Computer Name] is not supported. Forget Device." As a loyal Mac user for 10+yrs, I don't know that I've ever been more frustrated or disgusted.

May 7, 2014 2:17 PM in response to 4pp131n51d3r

4pp131n51d3r wrote:

Hello, roaminggnome and Chris CA.

You're wrong.

No, we're not.

I have my iPhone connected via Bluetooth to my MacBook enabled "Sync over WiFi" and it just works fine over bluetooth.

Since you have Sync over wifi enabled, guess what.

It is syncing over wifi, not bluetooth.

Time to leave a tip because you just got served!

And you too, have a nice day...

iOS 7.1 -bluetooth will not connect to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.