Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please help!

I bought a purse at a second hand store back in September. in it contained an I pod touch. it has a passcode that cant be detected. I have proximately 60 minutes of lock out time. I have tried and tried to find who it might belong to. the only person that it comes up with is from Elmhurst Illinois. and has lived there since birth.
my question is, how do I be able to use it now since it has been so long? :-/

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 9:32 AM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2014 9:38 AM in response to T-Rexton

I recommend that you at least consult with your local police if you haven't done so already. Legally you may have the right to that iPod since it would seem that it was given or sold to the second hand store, though probably by mistake, but I'm no lawyer to tell you your legal rights in this situation. It's possible that if the original owner reported the iPod as stolen, either by mistake or from the purse itself being stolen, you could be letting yourself in for legal hot water should you keep the iPod.

Answering the question, though, the article from which you came has instructions on what to do. If, however, the iPod is telling you that you need the previous owner's Apple ID and password to activate the iPod, then there's no way past that and the iPod is now useless.

Regards.

please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.