Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i would like to set my iphone to its factory defualt, but i can remember my pass code

I would like to reset my iphone 5 to it's factory defualt, but I forgot my passcode.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 10:43 AM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2017 2:00 AM in response to MrBill3

I forgot the pin to unlock my iphone 5. I decided to "factory reset" it. Since it was not synced with itunes neither it was set up on my Mac with "Find my phone", the option was "Erase your device with recovery mode to remove your passcode". I followed the steps, got to the screen with the option to "restore". My Mac reported it was downloading the iphone software. After a while (~10 minutes) the iphone would restart and nothing happened. It would still ask for the pin to unlock. I repeated this over and over (maybe more than 10 times). It has finally worked. I did nothing different last time.

tx.

i would like to set my iphone to its factory defualt, but i can remember my pass code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.