Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling pass code with IOS 7.1

I was planning to eliminate the password lock on my IPhone 5, however, I just updated to version 7.1 and find that the pass code lock option is no longer available under Settings>General. Why?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 10:26 AM

7 replies

Mar 19, 2014 10:39 AM in response to cpadude

I don't know about 5, but my 5S has it listed under Settings>Touch ID & Passcode.

The turn off passcode option is just moved. Look, like, 3 spots down from general and it should be there

I'm pretty sure that yours would be the same .. Maybe just "passcode" instead of "Touch ID & Passcode". Once you get in there, all the options are there for "Turn Passcode Off", "Change Passcode" and when to require it and all that whatnot.

Mar 19, 2014 12:42 PM in response to bcoop17

Thanks for your prompt response bcoop17. Nope, I looked all over my phone. I can't recall if I have the 5c or 5s, I think I have the 5c (whichever one had less storage and didn't have the fingerprint ID feature). There used to be an option listed right under "Auto-Lock" called "Pass Code Lock" or something similar. I distinctly remember it because I had recently set it to 4 hours which was the maximum "unlocked" period available. I also just noticed another minor change; when you bring up the song listing under "Playlists" it used to have the shuffle option right on top of the song list. Now I find that I have to tap one of the songs and start it before a "Shuffle All" button appears at the bottom of the screen. Strange.

Apple support folks, if you could shed some light on this I would really appreciate it (or anyone else for that matter). I hope you're not going to tell me I got some kind of bad update and I have to wipe everything and re-install. The Pass Code issue is one thing but was moving the shuffle feature intended as part of this update? Thanks.

Mar 19, 2014 1:35 PM in response to cpadude

Ok, this is cpadude. I just got off a chat with technical support and in case anyone else out there was wondering what I was, you have to go under "Passcode" (under Settings>General) and first type in your current passcode in order to get to the screen with the option to disable it. It used to be listed right under "Auto Lock"; they kind of hid it I think.

As far as my playlist comment, I just had not scrolled my screen down to see that the "Shuffle" option is still there. Hope I've cleared up any confusion I may have started.

May 8, 2014 3:24 PM in response to luciofaso

Apple is getting crazy these days 😠 I am getting sick and tired of Apple. I am a Mac user since 1990. Every times you upgrade new IOS. somethings is going to happen for example. Apple forces you to buy their own charging cable and now the passcode reset is disappear ;( I bet next upgrade won't let you play any musics not purchase direct from Apple iTunes. BTW where is the touchscreen driver for Mac. 😟

Message was edited by: Jeffkcc

Disabling pass code with IOS 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.