Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permission issues accessing Iomega raid after multiple power cuts.

Hello

Forum/Apple beginner...

I have Iomega raid drive on network by ethernet. Multiple power cuts have caused issues accessing my main folder. It appears

the data is still on the drive however I can only see the folder I need to access via XXXX.MyIomega.com however I have no permissions access,

'everyone' has 'no access'.

HELP, suggestions on how to rectify appreciated.

I am accessing on an older iMac intel 10.6.8, a newer iMac is available.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 11:10 AM

2 replies

Mar 19, 2014 11:38 AM in response to jackiefromuk

If you have a newer iMac available I would try the iOmega on it and see if you still can make it work there.

If you live in an area that is prone to Thunderstorms or accessive Power Outages I highly recommend you get a APC or Battery Backup for your critical components like your (Internet Service Providers Modem, Your Router, Your Computer and your External Backup if you have one) You will find that having a Battery Backup will save you and your equipment.

I live in an area that is prone to Thunderstorms and Lightning Storms that I have lost more Modems and Routers then I would even care to discuss. Like most newer users I was Unaware that a product like this even existed, until someone smarter then I am pointed it out to me. Since Installing a Battery Backup I haven't lost anything.

http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13

One last thing you may have one or more of your products that has suffered from a Power Surge and destroyed your equipment.

Good Luck to you,and

Welcome to the Discussions

Don

Mar 19, 2014 12:37 PM in response to Donald Morgan

Hi Don

Thanks for your reply, the newer iMac failed to connect as far as the older one (which was the one used to set up the ex. drive) as there was no 'share' for it.

I can see the 1.4 tb of data is still there, it's the permissions that appear to be the barrier.. no small lock, just no access.

I will invest in battery back up and am looking as replacement external drives, just need a door, catflap even!

Thanks

Jackie

Permission issues accessing Iomega raid after multiple power cuts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.