Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD when hard drive crashed.

I owned my iMac since 2007 and my first OS was 10.4. As far back then, my iMac came with iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD already installed. Since 2011, I had OS 10.6 on my iMac. Two weekends ago, my hard drive crashed and lost many applications, including iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD. I still had a copy of 10.6 on a disc and reinstalled it and even updated it to the version I had before my HD crashed. I notice that iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD are not in my computer anymore.

I visited the download section on the Apple website and have found versions of iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD that would be compatable with OS 10.6.8, but for some reason I can't install them. I was able to install iPhoto, but can't open it. I can't even install iDVD. I haven't tried to install iMovie.

Is there any way I can install these applications I lost? I realize purchasing a new copy of iLife is one option, but the version that is out now is not compatable with OS 10.6.8.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 11:43 AM

4 replies

Mar 19, 2014 11:48 AM in response to Orange County California

I visited the download section on the Apple website and have found versions of iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD that would be compatable with OS 10.6.8, but for some reason I can't install them.

These are not applications. They are updaters for the applications.

You will have got a disk with your Mac that had the applications on it. You can reinstall from that.

Lost iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD when hard drive crashed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.