Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s volume up(+) key not working 1 month after purchase....!!!!

Dear Apple,

I had puchased iphone 5s on 31st January 2014 from Dubai Sharaf DG retailer located at Burjuman Metro station. This was my first experience with apple and I really appreciate the build quality and features. Yesterday I found that the vloume up key is not working so I visited the supplier (Sharaf DG) for a solution, they informed that they need to check the phone and it will take 10 days to check. What will I do with the SIM card? shall I buy another phone for using the same? I had put my cost on buying this product, I should get a solution for this trouble. Expecting your valuable feedback from my query.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 11:24 AM

3 replies

Mar 19, 2014 11:31 AM in response to Dinesh Gopinathakurup

First, we are all fellow users on here and not Apple employees so what we say is basically our understanding of Apple policies.

Second, checking something such as that should not take so long. If there is an Apple store in Dubai it would be better to take the iPhone to them for checking.

Third, if it were me, I would remove the sim and get a cheap, short-term type phone to use in the interim.

iphone 5s volume up(+) key not working 1 month after purchase....!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.