Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 and file type

So I've been back and forth with different versions of iTunes lately, because I hate the iTunes 11 interface, and I can't even remember why I last switched back to it, probably something wasn't working with an older version. But now I'm having a serious problem with it, because every single new song I add has to be converted to AAC, or it won't play all the way through on my iPod. Why is this the case? It's really frustrating, and really tedious when I have to go through and convert things and then delete the original versions.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 17-inch

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 12:26 PM

2 replies

Mar 19, 2014 6:34 PM in response to sberman

That's only for importing CDs, which is only very rarely how I add music. I find it interesting (read: annoying) that this wasn't a problem at all until iTunes 11; clearly something about file formats was changed in a big way, that it messes up how things play on my iPod unless I've converted all new things to AAC. There's plenty of other music in my library that hasn't had the same issues and therefore hasn't been converted, but it has been through a few computer moves and library re-imports, so maybe that's why.

iTunes 11 and file type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.