Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed Windows 8.1 on my MBP w/ Bootcamp...trouble with wifi connection, trackpad, sound, etc.

Hello!

I decided to install Windows 8.1 on my Macbook Pro (late 2011/ OS X Lion) by using latest version of Bootcamp and everything went smoothly. My problem is that my wifi network is not being recognized (my home network is not showing up at all and I have to plug in to the router, making this an inconvenience), the trackpad is glitchy, and there is no sound! I've looked at all previous forum posts on this issue and everyone says to uninstall and then reinstall windows via bootcamp and I did so and still am having the same issues. Before I used bootcamp, I tried out Parallels. This program works okay, you just can't have too much going on at the same time because apps will freeze up and your poor CPU is probably crying. Anyways, I'm not entirely sure on what to do at this point. Any suggestions or tips would be most appreciated!

Thank you

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), iOS 7.0.5, Installing Windows 8.1 via Bootcamp

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 12:38 PM

4 replies

Installed Windows 8.1 on my MBP w/ Bootcamp...trouble with wifi connection, trackpad, sound, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.