Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iPhone 5 so i could have the possibility to use the new 4G network here in Belgium, now my provider tells me that they can't give me 4G on my iPhone 5 (any other one yes),they say because Apple blocks the use of 4G on the iPhone's here

After buying a iPhone 5 and iPad mini, and now thinking of buying the 5S and the mini retina, I just changed to an other provider who had a much better deal for a subscription, also one of the first who offers here 4G, now just starting with my new provider and curious how the 4G connection will be, whatever I did I could not get it to work on 4G, now my provider tells me that Apple is blocking all the iPhones here to be able to work with 4G, and they let them work with 4G on only one provider here ( that's very expensive ). I was wondering if this is true or if anyone has the same experience.

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 1:44 PM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2014 1:54 PM in response to Minhavez

The Belgium 4G networks supported by the iPhone 5 are Mobistar and Telenet. The other carriers's networks have yet to be approved by Apple. Perhaps their networks are not up to Apple's standards and again, perhaps, the approval will come in the future.

In the meantime, you can only receive 4G services from either Mobistar or Telenet.

I bought an iPhone 5 so i could have the possibility to use the new 4G network here in Belgium, now my provider tells me that they can't give me 4G on my iPhone 5 (any other one yes),they say because Apple blocks the use of 4G on the iPhone's here

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.