Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading photos from camera

Is there a standard place for photos to go when you download them from your camera? If so, where? If not, how do you determine where that should be? I've had this problem for some time, but I finally decided to do something about it. Usually, it involves quite a bit of detective work to find these photos, and sometimes I haven't succeeded. Also, I just discovered that some (all?) are being stored in Dropbox. That was never my intent, so what do I have to do to have the photos automatically stored in a chosen place in my computer?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 2:28 PM

2 replies

Mar 19, 2014 6:47 PM in response to Király

Király wrote:

It depends on what app you use to download. If you are using iPhoto, iPhoto will put them into your iPhoto Library. If you use Image Capture, the default location is in your Home/Pictures folder.

Well, I don't know. All I know is that when I connect the camera to my computer the photos get downloaded. I don't recall ever choosing any app to do that or even thinking about it. I had just assumed that it was supposed to be automatic. In other words, I haven't consciously been using any app or program. I just connected the camera to the computer with a cable.

Downloading photos from camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.