Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I clear out documents and data from an app?

iPhone 4s

iOS 7.1

So when I go to

Settings> General> Usage >

lets say I go to the app Google search. It shows thatthere is 41.2 MB in the documents & data

how do I delete this without deleting the app? At some point it will eat up all my available MB

I have tried going to the app and deleteing history and 3rd party cookies.

I would hate to think that the only way to clear it is to delete the app over and over again

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 3:45 PM

8 replies

Mar 19, 2014 3:49 PM in response to Callholding2014

That number is the App Data that is created by the App. The App Data should not grow larger and larger unless it's like a photo editing app that you are using to take or import photos, etc. You can usually delete information from within the App, but if not, the only way you can delete all the App Data completly is to delete the App and remove the data when it prompts you when deleting the App. If you have an App that is increasing in App Data dramatically with no indication as to why, you will need to contact the App developer or delete and reinstall the app.

Aug 2, 2014 5:04 AM in response to Callholding2014

There's an app that I use (Battery Doctor) and I'm sure other apps with same features have been developed as well but Battery Doctor now has an extra feature where I can get to clear memory (RAM) as well as document and data memory with a click of a button. It works, especially for my data/memory-hugging games so I don't need to keep deleting and reinstalling each app (which I used to do constantly).

However, there are some apps it doesn't work with. Like Spotify (of well) or if it is, it's probably getting only a part of it. Maybe Spotify caches their data differently for each like those you add on your playlists, those you play (including history), and those you save. Oh well.

But give Battery Doctor a try.

May 29, 2015 2:50 PM in response to flynbabe

i have battery doctor and the memory boost thingy doesn't clean the document and data memory for your right certain apps it doesn't do that and yea its probably because it stores the temporary files in a different folder that battery doctor isn't looking in. Just like your computer has temporary internet files, your phone has temporary app data files.

<Edited By Host>

how do I clear out documents and data from an app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.