Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try and update my software on my MacBook Pro from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 it restarts after downloading but when the computer turns back on it fails to recognize the new software and prompts me to update again. SOMEONE HELP!

I was trying to download Pages from the App Store, but it wouldn't let me until I updated my software to 10.9. I have tried at least 10 times and it does the same thing every time. Please help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 5:45 PM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2014 5:52 PM in response to hannahborgs

hannahborgs wrote:

When I try and update my software on my MacBook Pro from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 it restarts after downloading but when the computer turns back on it fails to recognize the new software and prompts me to update again. SOMEONE HELP!

Try downloading and install the Combo instead of the delta update.

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1676

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.