Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Shuffle wont play songs in order.

My iPod Shuffle is on Continuous Play Mode but is still shuffling songs.

How do I get it to stop shuffling songs? I have put it on shuffle mode, then put it back to continuous play mode. I've also switched it off and put it straight to continuous play mode. Neither action has worked.

iPod shuffle

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 9:02 PM

It's not "continuous play mode," if you are referring to putting the power switch in the middle position. That is play-in-order mode.

When you turn ON the shuffle, you are playing songs from the All Songs list. When the power switch is set to play-in-order, the All Songs list DOES play in order. It plays in alphabetical order. It may seem like a random (shuffled) order, because you are not thinking about the song names.

If you have a playlist synced to the shuffle, and you want to that playlist in the list order you set up in iTunes, you need to use VoiceOver to switch to that playlist. This document explains how to enable and use VoiceOver to select a playlist that is loaded on the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4322

When you select a specific playlist, the songs will play in the list order seen in iTunes before you synced that playlist to the shuffle (when the power switch is set to play-in-order).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2014 9:02 PM in response to MissCroft

It's not "continuous play mode," if you are referring to putting the power switch in the middle position. That is play-in-order mode.

When you turn ON the shuffle, you are playing songs from the All Songs list. When the power switch is set to play-in-order, the All Songs list DOES play in order. It plays in alphabetical order. It may seem like a random (shuffled) order, because you are not thinking about the song names.

If you have a playlist synced to the shuffle, and you want to that playlist in the list order you set up in iTunes, you need to use VoiceOver to switch to that playlist. This document explains how to enable and use VoiceOver to select a playlist that is loaded on the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4322

When you select a specific playlist, the songs will play in the list order seen in iTunes before you synced that playlist to the shuffle (when the power switch is set to play-in-order).

My iPod Shuffle wont play songs in order.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.