Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help - deadline approaching

Hi

I have a project done completely from multicam clips. Everything is fine when I play the clip in FCPX 10.1.1 . BUT when I try to export using share (master) the sound is gone only a loud his can be heard. As I said in FCPX it plays perfectly fine. The project was 10 days work and is finished ..... Any idea what can be wrong???

I work with FCP since over 8 years now, with X since 2 years, never had such probelms. I really need help !!! Thanks

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 7:14 PM

16 replies

Mar 19, 2014 10:48 PM in response to FCP

Thanks for the info, but these settings are correct. There must be something else and I have no idea what is wrong. In FCP evrything is fine but even when I send the file to compressor the audio is gone and only a loud hiss is to hear... I makes me crazy when I do not get this fixed fast I loose a client and perhaps the company.... There is no way I can fix it .... I have tried with a raw clip without multi cam same thing! I need to get the audio out! Is there a way to record audio while letting FCP play (export audio has the same hiss - you hear nothing else-) In FCP it is loud and clear.. I just don't get it.

Mar 20, 2014 5:46 AM in response to Russ H

I have tried in VLC there I get an error message that it is an unknown Codek. I have tried different options, even only sound file, did export with and without rendering , Out of new project. etc. I even tried on different computer

Nothing helps and I am beginning to panik now.

Since my business is on the line here and sound is good in FCPX, is there a way to record the sound while playing the project in FCPX? Like a desktop record aplication, with sound ; to use it as a seperate sound file together with the video only file from FCPX?

Mar 20, 2014 6:05 AM in response to saba01

If you want to use external application to record your computer sound you can try "SoundFlower" it routes audio from your computer (no ambience or external sound) to the recording software which can be (Quicktime, Screenflow, etc..) then find a way to combine audio with video from FCP.

Here is a how to record sound with sound flower

I hope this will solve.

Mar 20, 2014 7:39 AM in response to Russ H

I did install the update to 1.1 . The files are DV files that are trans. to Prores 422, they include audio. I work with these files since FCP 2 . In this project I have a start sequence form DV I played in last year and change later to 1080. In my tests I found that the first DV clip is causing it. It seems to infect all other (they export well when alone, but when cut behind the one DV clip the audio is lost too).

Need help - deadline approaching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.