Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The icon ..eg. Sound hound.and others.. Won't open when pressed. They just flicker with the face page briefly and won't open..don't want too loose sound hound ,as many references there .. Any ideas.

On my iphone3gs..some of icons aren't opening up. Esp sound hound ,I don't want too loose it ,as have lots of references up in there .. Some of others ,like ,weather , stocks are opening.. Any ideas out there please..and thank you..

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 9:54 PM

4 replies

Mar 19, 2014 10:13 PM in response to Parsons001

You can also try backing up your iPhone and restoring the iOS. This will erase everything then you can restore fomr your backup to bring back you apps and all of the associated data. If you decide to do the easier steps of deleting and reinstalling the individual app, you will loose the data contained within that app, unless there is a log in account associated when you set up the app (like connect to facebook, or another internet account).

How to backup and restore from a backup: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

How to restore the iOS: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Backup, then restore iOS, then restore form backup (if you decide to do this)

Mar 19, 2014 10:47 PM in response to Jay-Ray

Ohhhh now things are getting technical.. Spoken from a new iPhone user .. ( secondhand phone that is.)and not too tech save either.. .. Any ideas why this might be happening .... I've had this ph for about just over 1year..

There was Another thing happening just recently.. Was... The screen was getting locked on a bigger presentation , and took ages of swishing and trying to flip back to a normal view.. I think this was because I had phone in bag before auto lock came on.. ..this happened 3 times so far.. U gh. Might have to just give it all up and invest in a new model..

The icon ..eg. Sound hound.and others.. Won't open when pressed. They just flicker with the face page briefly and won't open..don't want too loose sound hound ,as many references there .. Any ideas.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.