Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac: How to use internal built-in microphone when Bose mic-headphones are plugged?

Hi there,

I use my Bose AE2 for Lync conferences in my iMac, but the problem is that, when the headphones are plugged I seem "obliged" to use their made for iPhone/Mac mic.

The problem is that, however, the sound through this Bose's mic is terrible so the others in the conference can't properly hear me. So I just want to use the internal computer's mic, and it seems not possible when the headphones are plugged.

In that situation, Sys Preferences > Sound > Input, only shows "External microphone" and "Line in".

Meaning, what normally is "Internal microphone" automatically, when plugged, turns into "External microphone" and that's it. It's not possible to use the internal mic anymore if mic headphones are plugged.

Do you know any way to workaround this?

My OS is 10.6.8 (it's work's iMac), but I'm afraid this is not different in 10.9.X.

Many thanks in advance!

iMac

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 1:55 AM

4 replies

iMac: How to use internal built-in microphone when Bose mic-headphones are plugged?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.