Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iLivid Ads on Browser

User uploaded file

when i open the safari i see this ads. i do not know how to delete this ads on my computer.? i did not install any of ilivid programs. is there any one can help me?

MacBook Pro, OS X Server

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 3:31 AM

11 replies

Mar 20, 2014 7:04 AM in response to Yufuscukk

I foun dthis -> http://www.ilivid.com/faq.htm#uninstall - but it looks as if it's uninstall instructions for Windows. You may have the extension in your Internet Plug-ins, etc. Download the free "EasyFind" from the Mac App Store and search your hard drive for ilivid.

It looks as though it's meant to be a 'download' manager, amongst other things. It's certainly nothing that you need.

Clinton

Mar 20, 2014 5:55 PM in response to Yufuscukk

You may have installed the "DownLite" trojan, perhaps under a different name. Remove it as follows.

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Application Support/VSearch

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item named "VSearch" selected. Drag the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password.

Repeat with each of these lines:

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.vsearch.agent.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vsearch.daemon.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.vsearch.helper.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons/Jack.plist /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/Jack /System/Library/Frameworks/VSearch.framework

Some of these items may be absent, in which case you'll get a message that the file can't be found. Skip that item and go on to the next one.

Restart and empty the Trash. Don't try to empty the Trash until you have restarted.

From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences... Extensions

Uninstall any extensions you don't know you need, including any that have the word "Spigot" in the description. If in doubt, uninstall all extensions. Do the equivalent for the Firefox and Chrome browsers, if you use either of those.

This trojan is distributed on illegal websites that traffic in pirated movies. If you, or anyone else who uses the computer, visit such sites and follow prompts to install software, you can expect much worse to happen in the future.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

iLivid Ads on Browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.