Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari plug-in powersave on Mavericks - soundcloud

Mavericks comes with a powersafe feature for Safari's plug-ins, e.g. Flash.

For most websites this works flawleslly - a flash video player doesn't load automatically.

But for Soundcloud this is a bit of a hassle.

On Soundcloud, audio-streams are offered through a "hidden" Flash player, it is not visible on your screen, so Safari can't/won't display the "click to start plug-in".

The controls (play/pause/...) are just HTML code on Soundcloud, they aren't part of the flash plug-in that offers the audio stream.

I have searched the options of Safari, and found preferences > advanced > internet plug-ins > details where you can see a list of websites that are allowed to start plug-ins automatically. Unfortunatily I haven't found a way to manually add the soundcloud website to the "These websites have plug-ins that start automatically" list.

How do I get Safari to keep not automatically start plugins on all websites, except Soundcloud?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 16GB 256SSD w/ VMwareFusion

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 5:44 AM

4 replies

Jun 10, 2014 2:57 PM in response to GeertCu

I'm not sure if this will help so if I am misunderstanding or answering a question not asked please be gentle!! The only insight I have to add, which I am adding beause I recently had a similar problem and had to look around to fix it, is this: I got my macbook for Christmas, gift from my partner, and recently I have been trying to listen to my friends music on soundcloud. Before now I have never found a use for the website so I didn't know I had a problem. Anyway I wanted to listen to their soundcloud, and it would not play sound no matter what. It appeared to be playing but no sound would come out. I was super confused until I was told to go to safari, preferences, advanced, and un-check stop plug-ins to save power. This worked for me. If you guys are past that option and want more advanced, disregard my input. 🙂 NOW if y'all find a way to add it to the list so I can close out of the preferences for good instead of going back and forth, please update me on that when ya do!

Safari plug-in powersave on Mavericks - soundcloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.