Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange navigation behavior in Safari using Reading List

I am running OSX 10.9.2 and using Safari 7.02 for this example.

To get the example set up:

1) Open up Safari.

2) In the URL search bar at the top, type some topic to search (e.g "great danes are awesome").

3) When the Google search results appear, save the search results to your Reading List (shift+command+D or click "Bookmars" then "Add to Reading List").

4) Quit Safari and then start it back up.

5) Open your Reading List (command+shift+L or click the open book icon underneath the "Show previous page" button at the top of the Safari window bar).

6) Click the Google search results entry in your Reading List.

7) Click any link from the Google search results you just opened from your Reading List.

8) After the page loads, hit the "Show previous page" button at the top of th Safari window.

Here, notice that Safari takes you back to your home page and not the Google search results. A little strange, but let's continue on. Now perform the following operations:

1) Quit Safari if you haven't already.

2) Open Safari.

3) In the URL search bar at the top, type some topic to search (e.g. "great danes are awesome" in keeping with the trend).

4) Click any link that the search results provide.

5) Once the new page loads, hit the "Show previous page" button at the top of the Safari window.

Now Safari takes you back to the Google search results. I was wondering if anyone had this similar experience or not. I'm not sure if it's a "feature" of Safari or of Safari's implementation of Reading List. It may not be necessary to quit Safari each time, but I wanted to ensure that there wasn't any behind the scenes effects going on that might be causing this.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 6:05 AM

There are no replies.

Strange navigation behavior in Safari using Reading List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.