Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay disconnecting when sending and recieving a message

I use Airplay on my iPhone to stream music from the music app to my Apple TV. When sending and recieving a message over Skype or Facebook, my phone disconnects from Airplay, pausing the music.

Is this a common issue, and are there any known fixes, or do i just have to wait for Apple to fix this in a future update?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2014 1:43 PM

That is silly - Facebook message notifications are tiny. You can't provide some vague hand waving dismissal of the problem and blame network throughput.

I have the same issue - it's obviously a bug with iOS or Facebook. Airplay shouldn't disconnect every time a new message arrives. If I don't have Facebook open the same messages still arrive in the background and airplay works fine.

The issue is specific to a foreground app receiving notifications and then Airplay craps out.

Come on Apple, fix this!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2014 1:43 PM in response to diesel vdub

That is silly - Facebook message notifications are tiny. You can't provide some vague hand waving dismissal of the problem and blame network throughput.

I have the same issue - it's obviously a bug with iOS or Facebook. Airplay shouldn't disconnect every time a new message arrives. If I don't have Facebook open the same messages still arrive in the background and airplay works fine.

The issue is specific to a foreground app receiving notifications and then Airplay craps out.

Come on Apple, fix this!

Airplay disconnecting when sending and recieving a message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.