Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated to Maverick and now my iMAC doesn't recognize my Toshiba Slim 1T HD. I tried on another MAC and it DID recognize it. WHat can I do?

I uploaded Maverick and now my iMAC doesn't recognize my Toshiba Slim 1T HD. I tried it on another MAC and it DID see it. I tried the Repair and Verify on Disk Utilities but no luck. What can I do?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 6:23 AM

8 replies

Mar 20, 2014 12:10 PM in response to Luke1248

Luke 1248 First welcome to the discussions.

If the Toshiba worked before the upgrade it will work again.

First thing I would do is Unplug it the go to your Black Apple and make sure that your Software is UP TO DATE.

Restart your computer and then Plug in the Toshiba again and see what you have. If it still doesn't work Go to Toshiba's Web Site and see if they offer a New Driver for there Product. I hate to say this but Apple sent the Maverickks Operating System to All of the SoftwareDevelopers to make sure there product worked with the different periphrials and softwares.

Some are a lot faster at responding then others, and naturally all users try to blame Apple on there products or Software not working. The fact of the matter is it is those that have made the software and different periprials who are to blame for sitting on there hands.

Come back and tell me if this worked for you.

Cheers

Don

Mar 20, 2014 12:50 PM in response to Luke1248

FYI, these forums are made available by Apple, but are strictly user to user - volunteers helping others, so you will get replies when someone reads your question and thinks they might be able to help.....

Now, since you installed Mavericks, the default Finder settings are not to show anything on the desktop. So, have you checked your Finder Preferences to see if you have external disks checked to show? Second, have you checked Disk Utility (Applications > Utilties) to see if the external is shown there (or if you can manually mount it)? FWIW, there are no drivers needed for an external hard drive.

I updated to Maverick and now my iMAC doesn't recognize my Toshiba Slim 1T HD. I tried on another MAC and it DID recognize it. WHat can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.