Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Phone not getting texts because of iPhone Switch

I have recently switched from a iPhone 4 to a Windows 8 phone. I can only receive texts from other iPhone users once in awhile. Sometimes they send, sometimes they don't. My little text bubble will still show as blue on other iPhones and the text wont send or will go to my old iPhone.

I know the problem has to do with iMessage, I just don't know how to fix it. I have wiped my old iPhone back to factory settings with no data left on the phone. I tried turning it on Airplane mode and having someone send me a text, and I even turned off iMessage on my old phone. Non of these worked.

Is this a problem that Verizon needs to fix, Apple, or I need to do something with my old iPhone? Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1, I now have a Nokia Lumia 822

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 6:04 AM

4 replies

May 5, 2014 6:20 AM in response to aedaniels

aedaniels,

This is a know issue that's affecting all carriers. AT&T Mobility is my service provider and I've worked with them along with Apple; both were unable to resolve the problem with the cell phone number that was associated with my old iPhone. AT&T Mobility had to change my cell phone number to a new number that hadn't been associated with an iPhone. I haven't had any problems with the new cell phone number. The AT&T Mobility rep told me this has been a problem for some time and they've been waiting for Apple to resolve the issue. He also stated that people tend to move back to the iPhone since they're unable receive text messages from iPhone users on their new Windows Phone. This has a potential to become a lawsuit filed by Microsoft against Apple. This is causing a loss of revenue for Microsoft with the loss of Windows Phone sales.

Windows Phone not getting texts because of iPhone Switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.