Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone has been disabled for 23 million minutes, how do I release this?

User uploaded fileFor the record it says; 23,252,618 minutes I may be off but I worked that out to be approximately 44 years. It's in flight mode so I can't use iTunes. I can't use either of my authorised desktops to access my data. I can't use iCloud. What can I do? Please help! My nephew triggered the disable feature trying to input the pin code. I just want to know if I can retrieve the data...

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 6:20 AM

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 7:13 AM

Thanks JimHdk,

I found this (attached). It worked. Recovered all my data.

lllaass

Disabled

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

11 replies

Mar 20, 2014 7:13 AM in response to JimHdk

Thanks JimHdk,

I found this (attached). It worked. Recovered all my data.

lllaass

Disabled

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Apr 24, 2015 5:55 PM in response to My Phone will unlock in 23 MILLION minutes. Please help...

I Had the exact same issue! I was able to resolve it without using iTunes or any other device. Basically, slife risht to go to emergrncy, dial 999 and press call then it will ask you if you want to disable flight mode, press dusable on the popup notification then you need a sim which has a working Internet connection im order for the time to be adjusted automatically! Lol forget what everyone else is saying about restoring and backing up! Use my method and tell me how you get along if it happens again!

Dec 30, 2015 2:47 PM in response to hassan.786

Dear Hassan.786: I think your post is really great but I have no clue how to apply it on my iPhone 5. It got disabled to 23 million minutes after my little sister entered its PIN wrongfully more than 6 times. It is my first iPhone and I never synced it to iTunes or any computer. I updated its firmware from ios 7.2 to ios 9.2 based on an Apple post here but the problem is still there; it's even worse now as I can't see signs such as battery usage, network bars,or operator logo, as you see in the photo below. Any other fix/solution to remove the 23 million minutes without restoring it? Many thanks in advance.

User uploaded file

My phone has been disabled for 23 million minutes, how do I release this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.