Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting a secondary iCloud account under Internet Accounts spawns new copies of itself in Contacts.app

Starting with a new user account on any Mac, when I sign in to iCloud through System Preferences, it immediately syncs the "Internet Accounts" from my old laptop that was signed in with the same Apple ID. These Internet Accounts include a secondary Apple ID (not an @mac.com/@me.com Apple ID) which I used to keep work contacts in Sync between different mobile devices and my computer.

The problem is that I don't want this account on my personal laptop, but I do want to use my Apple ID.

The solution seems obvious: under internet accounts, set the secondary Apple ID as inactive. However even when it is set as inactive, my Contacts.app still tries to sync the contacts from that account. So I tried the other option - deleting the account from "Internet Accounts" and selecting "Remove from All". This removes it for a few minutes, and then it reappears. So I tried opening the preferences in Contacts.app and unchecking "Enable this account". This works for a few minutes - the account disappears from the sidebar of the Contacts.app. Then it reappears.

Now for the real problem.

In Contacts.app, the account appears multiple times in the sidebar and in the Contacts.app preferences. Each time I disable or delete the account, or uncheck "Enable..", after a few minutes a few more Enabled accounts appear again, in addition to the ones that I marked as disabled, despite the fact that under "Internet Accounts" it remains marked as Inactive. This will probably be clearer with a few screenshots, which I've added below.

It occurred to me that maybe the solution would be to open the account on the laptop where these settings were originally created. Unfortunately, it is no longer functioning...

Does anybody have any idea how to kill this account without deleting the entire iCloud account itself (as it is still working fine on the other computers that are using that Apple ID as their primary account)?

User uploaded file User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 7:10 AM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2014 1:03 AM in response to jvarn

Still not resolved.

I noted that in my system log, I'm getting endless repetition of:

3/24/14 10:55:50.780 AM AddressBookSourceSync[65305]: SQLite: unixTruncateDatabase() failed with 10 for replacing '/Users/jvarn/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Sources/6E711F52-9221-4844-9D9E-09A6AA132F3E/AddressBook-v22.abcddb' with flags 0

Where the string in bold changes each time.

Deleting a secondary iCloud account under Internet Accounts spawns new copies of itself in Contacts.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.